I just woke up and when I booted up my PC to check my email and my friends status updates on FB, I saw that both my email(s) and my FB account has been infested with this news:
Prince William Divorces Kate Middleton After 5 Weeks
‘I Made A Terrible Mistake’ Says Heir To British Throne
LONDONâ€”Barely a month after marrying 29-year-old Kate Middleton in a royal wedding ceremony watched by an estimated 2 billion people worldwide, Prince William announced Tuesday that he and Middleton have divorced and that the entire marriage was “a tremendous mistake in every possible regard.” “I really don’t know what I was thinkingâ€”we’re a terrible match, I don’t love her and never have, and, to be honest, I never really had any interest in being married in the first place,” announced the now unattached Prince William to a dead-silent British press corps. “People thought our wedding was some sort of fairy tale, but I assure you it was all just some ghastly ceremonial farce that got out of hand. I’m just relieved it’s over, frankly. And I’m glad I’ll never have to see that awful woman again.” Prince William then told the assembled reporters, “Well, see you all later,” smiled, and walked back into Buckingham Palace.
Now… I refrained from commenting on this issue via Facebook despite the fact that the ‘news’ was everywhere and everyone seems to be talking about this. Facebook, to me is not the place to discuss such issue as people tend to get overly emotional instead of being rational. People are practically cursing the Prince over this issue without bothering to check the validity of the news.
I could easily dismiss this as untrue and just another spam. Below is why:
- First of of, if you’re familiar with the royal press conference protocol, you would know that the Duke of Cambridge (Prince William) will not be allowed to make such statements publicly. In any case of divorce among the royal family, a spokesperson would be the one delivering such messages to the public, just like the divorce between the late Princess Diana and Prince Charles back in the nineties.
- If you’re familiar with divorce procedures in the UK, you would know that divorce are not easy to obtained. What more a royal one. It take years for a royal to divorce to finalize, even a no fault divorceÂ or one with mutual agreement like Fergie and Andrew’s divorce. (Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Sarah Margaret Ferguson)
- There ought to be the announcement of ‘official separation’ before the announcement of the actual divorce.
- The source of this news is doubtful. Absolutely doubtful. just take a look at that website. It’s infested with gossip and insignificant news. How can this source be trustworthy source of news and announcements?
- I could be rolling my eyes off my eye-sockets at the picture that has been used for this news on this website. Did you or did you not notice the red ribbon that the Prince was wearing? The ribbon symbolizes AIDS awareness. The Prince do not make it a habit to wear AIDS awareness red ribbon to any press conference or event unless he is attending an event related to AIDS awareness campaigns. I’ve been searching around, and I was definitely not wrong in thinking that there’s no AIDS awareness campaign within this month or the past few weeks. The last AIDS global and AIDS awareness campaign is in March 2011. That was ages ago.
I don’t know what’s wrong with this world. People easily believe in untrue words and seems to take delights in gossiping. Rumours tends to be treated as true. And let’s just say… I’m giving the news a benefit of doubt ( WHICH I AM NOT, because if I want news regarding to the royal family, I would go to their official website here: http://www.royal.gov.uk).
Even if I do believe this news, I wouldn’t go around calling His Royal Highness a royal pain in the arse or an asshole for divorcing Kate. Why? Well, it takes two to tango. The world tends to blame the men when divorces happens, and almost never symphatize with the men. It’s always the men who are at fault. It’s as if the women are completely a victim.
I am a woman, but I do not think so. I think there’s always two side of the story and one ought to not just listen to one side of a story. Feminist ought to damn me, but truthfully, when it comes to love and war, nobody is right or wrong. Everyone have their own reasons and their own excuse, but in truth, nobody really have. Same goes with marriage. It doesn’t matter if the marriage is a high profile marriage or not. It’s the same.
And outsiders should not judge other people’s marriage or a relationship based on what they see on the outside. Outsiders do not know what transcends between the couple behind closed doors. What the outsiders know… is just word of the mouth from just one side of the party. So, how is it fair to say that the man is always the evil one? You cannot really say so, for truly, not all women are good and faultless. Some women are conniving and evil too, despite of their soft and pitiful outlook. Nobody… nobody should be given the rights to condemn the action of others, especially when it comes to relationship and marriage, for truly, outsiders are just bystanders.
Cleffairy: When in doubt, always seek second opinion, and always, always remember that there’s always two side of one same story.