Do you take breakfast? I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it provides energy for your body for the rest of the day but God…I’m practically a vampire. To say that I’m not a morning person is an understatement. I’m the crankiest and the hardest to deal with in the morning. Not even a cuppa tea or coffee could remedy my nasty mood. Sad, isn’t it? Sometimes I pity my hubby and kid. I spent most of the days sleeping in instead of being all sunshine in the morning. 🙁
I’ll be honest with you. I don’t prepare breakfast for my hubby and son. Yups…I know. Awful of me…my morning routine merely consists of kissing my husband before sending him off to work, and back to bed til at least 11am for me. It is never an issue until I discovered that kiddo will start having tuition classes in the morning soon.
Oh my! That calls for a drastic change of routine. I can’t possibly send the boy to classes with an empty tummy.
Luck is on my side. Not long ago I was informed that there’s this Breakfast Love demo with F&N Seasons NutriSoy. I was told that they’ll be teaching us busy (and lazy mum in my case) to cook easy least quickie but nutritious breakfast for your loved ones. Breakfast is a daily and the most important meal of the day. Through “Breakfast Love” campaign, F&N Seasons NutriSoy wants Malaysian mums to show their love for their family by providing nutritious and healthy breakfast that pairs food with F&N Seasons NutriSoy beverage to give her and her family all the goodness of soy to start the day right.
It was held on an early Sunday morning in The Cooking House, Desa Sri Hartamas. I wasn’t so thrilled in the beginning as I had to drag myself out of the bed so early on a weekend, no less, but I thought it should be worth the sacrifice. And it was.
The products that we used to cook (and pair) our breakfast with that day was of course, F&N Seasons NutriSoy Soya Milk drink. Two range is available for your drinking pleasure; the regular and less sugar version of it. The picture above depicts the full range of F&N NutriSoy drink. Both regular and less sugar version of F&N Seasons NutriSoy drink is available in 1 litre, 300ml (can) and 250ml (convenient pack), available nationwide in convenient stores and supermarkets.
Now…let me clarify something. I’m not a big fan of milk of any kind, especially the dairy version of milk. This is because I’m lactose intolerance. Some milk gives me nasty reaction. Among them are intense tummy cramps and vomiting. But these F&N Seasons NutriSoy are not dairy based and it is something that I can definitely stomach. 🙂 F&N Seasons NutriSoy is packed with energy as it contains loads of essential vitamins and protein. Suitable for those who are lactose intolerant and strict vegetarians who needs protein sources in their diet. They’re low fat, cholesterol free and contains no added preservatives, flavourings or colourings, so go ahead, knock yourself out. 😀 These drinks are great for the health conscious and they’re practically guilt-free. 😀 A bonus: They tasted good. My boys loves it, and I think you’ll love it too. .Pairing breakfast with F&N Seasons NutriSoy is simple, and it helps busy mothers like me to provide nutritious and healthy breakfast for my family
Here’s Chef Kenneth Kam, explaining to us the wholesome goodness of F&N Seasons NutriSoy and why it is important for us not to skip breakfast, no matter how busy and hectic our lives is. Oppsss…he sent yours truly on a guilt trip a lil bit, I have to say.
So, after spending some time in the land of guilt, the F&N Seasons NutriSoy Breakfast Love cooking demo commences.
Us mummy bloggers get to have some hands-on cooking too.
Cooking in progress. 🙂 ingredients used are all fresh and nutritious.
Here’s the stuff we cooked that morning. Two savoury dishes and two sweet dishes for breakfast. 🙂 On the sweet side, we got pancakes and banana muffin with toasted walnut while on the savoury side we have mushroom omelet and grilled chicken wrap. Looks good, aren’t they? Well, I assure you that they are yummylicious and here’s sharing the recipe with all of you wonderful mummy and daddies out there.:) I can assure you that your kids will love these as I do. They make perfect breakfast on any busy or leisurely morning. Served with F&N Seasons NutriSoy, they are not only delicious, but packed with nutrients and energy.
Here’s sharing with you the recipe of the breakfast dishes we made that day:
Homemade Banana and Walnut Muffins with dark chocolate
250g Plain Flour
1 + 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
50g Brown Sugar
110g Egg (2 eggs)
200g Melted Butter
460g Ripe bananas (Pisang Berangan), mashed well
Handful Walnuts, roughly chopped
200g Dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter and cinnamon powder. Lightly fold wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients until justcombined and batter is think and chunky. (The important thing is not to over mix the batter.You do not want to make the batter smooth. Over mixing will result in tough and rubbery muffins).
4. Spoon the batter into muffin moulds and sprinkle some chopped walnuts over.
5. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until cooked.
Homemade NutriSoy Pancake with bananas, toasted almonds
2 cups Flour
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tsp Baking powder
2 tsp Salt
1 cup Grape seed oil
2 cups NutriSoy
2 tsp Vanilla essence
3 Bananas, sliced
½ cup Almond flakes or almond slivers, toasted
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk together grape seed oil, NutriSoy and vanilla essence until mixture is relatively smooth.
3. Heat an ungreased, non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
4. Pour ⅓ cup of batter into the center of the pan. Cook until the edges start to look dry and visible air bubbles have just started to form near the center of the pancake.
5. Flip and cook the other side until golden.
6. Remove from frying pan and place on a serving plate.
7. Repeat until remaining batter is used up.
8. Serve hot, with sliced bananas, toasted almonds and maple syrup.
Wholemeal Breakfast Wrap with mixed greens and grilled chicken
2 pcs Chicken breast
½ tsp Lea & Perrins sauce
½ pkt Mixed leaves salad
4 pcs Wholemeal tortilla
Honey Mustard Dressing
2 tbsp Honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 cup Mayonnaise
2 tbsp Cooking Oil
Pinch Black pepper
1. Marinate chicken breast with salt, pepper and Lea & Perrins sauce.
2. Place chicken on a grill pan and grill until both sides are just cooked through, around 6 – 8 minutes on each side. Let rest and cut into strips.
3. For the salad dressing, mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until emulsify.
4. Lay a piece of tortilla on a clean plate, spread 1 tablespoon of the salad dressing on the lower third of the tortilla. Lay ¼ of the chicken breast slices over, followed by some mixed leaves salad. Drizzle some more honey mustard dressing over and roll up. Continue with the remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.
Mushroom Omelet with Oven Roasted Tomatoes
150g Mushrooms, wiped and chopped
1 tbsp Oil
2 tbsp Butter
Pinch Salt and fresh ground black pepper
Pinch Dried parsley
2 tbsp Butter
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
Pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 Tomatoes, halved
1 tbsp Olive oil
Pinch Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, lightly drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven to roast.
3. In a frying pan heat the oil and butter until the butter is foaming. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle with a touch of dried parsley, salt and pepper, sauté for approximately 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In another pan, heat butter. When the butter is hot, swirl it in the pan, add the eggs, allow to cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Place the mushrooms in the middle of the omelet.
6. Allow to cook for a few minutes. Roll the edges over the mushrooms, gently turn the omelet over so the seam is face down in the pan. Allow to cook for a further 2 minutes or so.
7. Gently ease the omelet onto a plate. Remove the tomatoes from the oven, scatter over the top of the omelet along with any leftover mushrooms and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
F&N Seasons NutriSoy tastes really good with cereals too and I guess it is forgivable if you want a quick and convenient breakfast without breaking a sweat in the kitchen every now and then.:)
One for the album. I’m glad I woke up early for the F&N NutriSoy Breakfast Love cooking demo that day. I learned quite a lot from it and I’m not just talking about new recipe to try. 😉 Wanna know more about F&N NutriSoy and all it’s benefit? Well, LIKE their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/NutriSoy.MY while I…ahemm…go shopping for groceries for my little pet project for the loves of my life, Mission: Breakfast Love. 😛 I’ll post up what I cooked for breakfast for my husband and soon, so wait for it yea? 😀
Cleffairy: Breakfast like a Queen, lunch like a pauper, dine like a princess. 😀