Here’s sharing another recipe that I learned during the workshop with Chef Wan last week.
The second recipe was Baked Seafood Casserole with Simplot Hashbrowns.
It’s a pretty straight forward recipe, actually.
Here’s how the casserole looks like after being baked in the oven for 45 mins.
Looks good, isn’t it?
Well, it tasted really good. I had two helpings of this, in fact, and here’s sharing the recipe with all of you so that you can bake this for your loved ones too:
150 grams of butter
1 large red onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 stalks of Chinese celery, sliced
6 tablespoon of flour
6 cups of fresh milk, heated
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg power
1/2 teaspoon of clove powder
1 cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
1kg of seafood (it can be crab meat, fresh prawns meat, squid, snapper fillet, mussels)
3 large tomatoes, sliced and lightly sauteed in olive oil
1 cup sliced soft Swiss cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 packets of Simplot Hashbrowns
Salt and pepper to taste
Here’s how you assemble the casserole:
1. Melt butter and sautee onions, garlic, Chinese celery and leek until soften.
2. Add flour and cook for 2 mins to make roux.
3. Then stir in milk, nutmeg, clove, parsley, thyme and seafood. Add in salt and pepper to taste and remove the sauce from the stove once thickens.
4. Mash up the fried hashbrowns and flatten as a base in a casserole dish.
5. Add in sliced tomatoes and seafood mix.
6. Top with parmesan, Swiss cheese and remaining hashbrowns. Sprinkle with more butter and cheese.
7. Cover the casserole dish and bake at 180 degress for 30 mins.
8. Before serving, remove alluminium foil and bake for another 10 mins til golden brown.
Happy trying, ladies and gentleman. I hope you’ll enjoy it.
Cleffairy: Next post will be the recipe for Greek Moussaka.