Okay, what the heck am I raving now? Well, I don’t know. Honestly, I don’t. I just feel like putting that goddamn title and be done with it. Cuz I feel like saying it. Why do I feel like I’m saying it? Well, beats me, I have no idea. I’m just being a silly woman, ruled by her hormone again.
Don’t feel so shocked with my statement. If you’ve known me for quite some time now, you’d probably know that this is not exactly newsflash. I’m a certified lunatic in my own rights.
Tomorrow, Sunday is mother’s day. I’m sure most of you ladies are aware of that. I daresay most of you’ll beÂ celebrating with your mother, wife, daughter, sister…any female who is a mother.
Then again maybe there’s some of you who are like me, such occasion can be likened to no occasion at all simply because it made no difference to you as nobody is greeting you or nobody is giving you any presents to commemorate the day because they think mother’s day is everyday and the official mother’s day is way too commercialized.
I used to be upset when my husband gave me nothing or never bothered to greet me on special occasions such as mother’s day, birthdays or even anniversaries. But I guess, after 8 going on 9 years, I think I’m kinda immune. The brain is somewhat re-programmed by now. No greetings? No tokens of love or appreciation? No problem. Just adopt a wonderful solution to all my bloody misery, greet myself, get myself pressie, thank myself for all the things I’ve done and give myself a pat on the back for still being alive. Nods. Does this sound sensible to you? Maybe not. But it’s quite a diplomatic solution to me. Better than sulking or feeling miserable, don’t you think?
Lemme see…mother’s day is just another day to me this year and I daresay will not change til the day I crawl to my grave, but I am determined to commemorate it this year. And how will I do that? Here’s how:
- Bought myself a spa voucher that will enable me to enjoy some relaxing massage and a jacuzzi session for 2. No. I’m not bringing my husband with me because it’s only for ladies. I’ve hinted that I wanted it on Facebook earlier on. But since he probably missed it, I bought it myself. I’m very smart, aren’t I? Better to depend on myself than others. When I want something, I get it myself. That’s the way to go! 😀 But I’m not going to bring my mother with me too cuz she’s not in town, unfortunately. Couldn’t bring my paternal grandma with me either cuz she’s already dead. No to maternal grandma as well, cuz she’s on the other side of the world. Definitely not my MIL cuz we don’t along well. I’m dragging my ‘big sister’ with me to accompany me to the ‘ME’ session. It’s going to be so cool, don’t you think? Just me and big sister.
- Ordered a proof copy of my latest work in progress- Time Tempest. Yeah… can’t help it. The heroes in my novels are all yummylicious and appreciative. Maybe when the proof arrived I could sleep with the book and dream about the characters I’ve created. (Okay, forget I actually wrote that, I’m abit loose on the head)
- Bought myself a heart-shaped locket. You know, the kind that you can open up and put tiny pictures in it? Well, I’ve been eyeing on it for quite some time now. It’s nothing expensive and it’s rather childish, but I happen to like it and since nobody bought it for me, I bought it myself. But I’m not gonna put any pictures inside. I’m gonna leave it empty. 😀
- Ditch the man and the brat and go for a haircut whenever I’m free next week. The hair is getting unruly.
- And last but not least, I’ll be doing myself a huge favour and make appointment with the gyne. For what, you ask me? Infertility treatment? Hell no. Gonna get myself some goddamn advice on some highly effective form of contraceptives so that there will be no more brats on the way to get on my nerves and cut my life short. You see, I’ve decided that I had enough, and it makes more sense for me to wait for my brat to have a kid of his own instead of getting another one for myself to dote on. It won’t be long. Just 10-15 more years. Wonderful, isn’t it? Less one thing to worry about every goddamn month. Truthfully, I’d be awfully tempted for a second child if the first one is not such a nightmare. But since he is a nightmare, I don’t think I want to risk another nightmare. Besides, I don’t think I can afford it and I’m convinced that I’m not cut out to be a good mother. Why bother, anyway?
I guess this is it, huh? This post is also to commemorate mother’s day. So…Happy mother’s day to me, and to all ladies who are mothers. In the words of Daffy Duck, “That… that… that’s all folks,” .
The end. Until the next episode of: Cleffairy and her lunatic raving.
Cleffairy: I have come to learn that with zero expectation, there will also be no disappointment. And now… all I have to do is work on being emotionless. My life, and everyone’s life would definitely be better if I am emotionless. Hmmm… let’s see if I can do that.